Paris, December 7, 2021 – Atos announces today that it has been recognized for its actions in the fight against global warming by the global non-profit environmental organization CDP, one of the founding members of the Science Based Targets initiative, which encourages companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. Atos was selected on the prestigious CDP âA Listâ to fight climate change, on the basis of the Group’s climate reporting in 2021. It is also the 9the consecutive year that Atos was part of the CDP Leadership Band. Atos is one of a very small number of companies recognized for their high environmental performance out of more than 13,000 rated companies worldwide, representing 64% of global market capitalization.
Atos has been recognized for its actions to reduce emissions, mitigate climate risks and develop the low-carbon economy, based on data reported by the company via CDP’s 2021 climate change questionnaire .
“The completion of the Paris Agreement settlement in this this year’s COP26 was a positive step in securing the goals of the Paris Agreement, demonstrating a commitment to reduce emissions and limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius â. noted Philippe Mareine, Chief Digital & Transformation Officer, CSR Manager at Atos. “However, there is still work to be done and at Atos, we are firmly committed to reducing our own global carbon footprint, invest in decarbonization technologies and help our customers do the same. This CDP’s recognition and our rank in the âA listâ reflects our commitment For the environment and are encouragement continue to progress one year later year. “
As a leader in secure and carbon-free digital, Atos has raised its environmental ambition in 2021 by committing to reduce global carbon emissions under its control and 50% influence by 2025 (reference 2019) which is fully in line with the Paris Agreement to limit global warming to 1.5 Â° C above pre-industrial levels by 2050.
Some of Atos’ significant accomplishments include:
- In 2020, reduce the Group’s overall carbon footprint by 15% (2.8 million tonnes of CO2), of which it is estimated at 10% structural (5% COVID-19 effect)
- Achieve carbon neutrality according to the PAS 2060 standard for emissions under its control and direct influence since 2018
- Increase the percentage of renewable / low-carbon energies in all its data centers from 32% in 2019 to 77% in 2021 and reduce the overall energy consumption of its data centers by 15% in 2020 vs 2019
- Commit to a fleet of all-electric company cars by 2024 in order to reduce emissions from its 5,500 company cars
- Achieve ISO 14001 certification in 90% of its main sites (offices and data centers)
- Introduce internal carbon pricing (â¬ 80 / tonnes of CO2) to guide business decisions towards decarbonization, as well as the Atos green application to engage its employees.
- Set up binding decarbonation level contractual agreements (DLA) for its customers. The Group offset 50 million tonnes of CO2 from its customers in 2020 and estimates that it can reduce their own carbon emissions by 15 to 20%.
- Leader of the European supercomputer market by developing the most energy-efficient range of supercomputers in the world, BullSequana X. At the end of 2021, 18 of the 100 most energy-efficient supercomputers in the world were Atos supercomputers.
- Engage its suppliers and partners through ambitious decarbonization plans to halve its Scope 3 emissions by 50% by 2025 (base 2019)
- Strengthening its expertise in decarbonization through the acquisition of EcoAct and specialized startups (tier One, Greenspector, Plan A) in its Scaler program
- Invest in R&D for decarbonization. With more than 70 patents in high-performance computing, Atos conducts research on supercomputers and data centers powered by green hydrogen, blockchain technologies for performance recycling or quantum technologies allowing the creation of new CO2-absorbing materials. of the atmosphere. The Atos scientific community also recently hosted a thought leadership conference. on DNA-based computation and storage.
In 2021, Atos was selected as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index World and Europe. In the DJSI Europe index, Atos ranked first among the companies included in the âTSV IT servicesâ industry and obtained the best score in its industry at world level in the environmental dimension. Atos received the âPlatinumâ award from EcoVadis in 2021 and in 2020 and 2021, Atos was awarded the SEAL Business Sustainability Award (BSA), placing the Group among the 50 most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information on Atos actions towards Net Zero, please visit: https://atos.net/en/solutions/decarbonization
CDP’s annual environmental disclosure and rating process is widely recognized as the gold standard in corporate environmental transparency. In 2021, more than 590 investors with more than $ 110 trillion in assets and 200 large buyers with $ 5.5 trillion in procurement spending have asked companies to disclose data on environmental impacts, risks and risks. opportunities via the CDP platform. A record 13,000 companies responded.
A detailed and independent methodology is used by the CDP to assess these companies, assigning a score from A to D based on the completeness of the disclosure, awareness and management of environmental risks and the demonstration of best practices associated with environmental leadership, such as setting ambitious goals and meaningful targets. Those who do not disclose or have provided insufficient information are marked with an F.
The full list of companies that made this year’s CDP A-List can be found here, along with other publicly available company scores: https://www.cdp.net/en/companies/companies-scores
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 107,000 employees and annual sales of over 11 billion euros. European leader in cybersecurity, cloud and high performance computing, the Group offers tailor-made end-to-end solutions for all industries in 71 countries. A pioneer in decarbonization services and products, Atos is committed to secure and carbon-free digital for its customers. Atos is an SE (Societas Europaea), listed on Euronext Paris and included in the CAC 40 ESG and Next 20 Paris Stock indices.
The Atos goal is to help shape the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, teaching and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. All over the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, as well as members of companies in general, to live, work and develop in a sustainable manner, in a safe and secure information space.
Laura Fau | [email protected] | +33 6 73 64 04 18 | @laurajanefau
PR – Atos named to CDP ‘A list’ for leading climate change efforts