October 7, 2021
Hackensack meridian Health, New Jersey’s largest and most integrated healthcare network, is proud to announce that several board and team members have been named to the ROI Influencers: People of Color 2021 list.
âAs New Jersey’s largest healthcare network, in one of the nation’s most diverse states, Hackensack Meridian Health is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that reflects the communities we serve, âsaid Robert C. Garrett, FACHE, CEO, Hackensack Meridian Health. âWe are incredibly proud of our diverse and talented leadership, as well as our efforts to diversify our membership and board representation. Equally important, we are deeply committed to helping eliminate unacceptable gaps in health outcomes based on race and ethnicity. ”
We’re committed to transforming the delivery of care in New Jersey and beyond by ensuring everyone has access to high quality, affordable, compassionate and culturally appropriate care.
Each year, ROI-NJ, a leading trade publication in New Jersey, recognizes influential people of color in industries statewide. The following Hackensack meridian Health Board members and team members have been recognized on the ROI: People of Color 2021 influencer list:
- John E. Harmon, Sr., OIM, is the first African-American man to be named to the Hackensack Meridian HealthBoard of Directors of. ROI-NJ recognized him for his advocacy work to increase fairness, fairness and access to a level playing field for African American residents of New Jersey and black-owned businesses.
- Avonia Richardson-Miller, EdD, MA, CDE, is the first African-American woman to lead the network’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion department. ROI-NJ recognized her as a difference maker for helping network hospitals access the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Human Equality Index (HEI). She was also applauded for the launch of a new resource group called Aspiring Women Leaders, which helps support and promote women across the network.
- David Kountz, MD, MBA, FACP, is Co-Academic Director and Vice-President, Academic Diversity for the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine. Dr Kountz also sits on the National Council of Forensic Pathologists as a general member, where he coordinates education and research programs across the network.
- Nicole Harris-Hollingsworth, EdD, MCHES, is Vice President, Social Determinants of Health for Hackensack Meridian Health. Nicole is responsible for creating and scaling solutions to address social determinants and social disparities in health, while creating localized community solutions for specific populations.
- Ulises Diaz is a member of the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine Board and vice president of government affairs for Horizon BCBSNJ, the state’s largest insurer.
- Nadine leslie is a member of Hackensack Meridian Health Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, Suez North America. ROI-NJ recognized her as one of New Jersey’s top CEOs and one of the few women of color to hold this role.
In recent years, Hackensack Meridian Health has adopted a strong and comprehensive strategy focused on improving its diversity and inclusion efforts, recognized on the 2021 list of Best Hospitals and Healthcare Systems by Diversity Inc.
To see the full list of ROI-NJ: People of Color 2021 influencers, click here.