The Chart of the Day belongs to the cybersecurity company Palo Alto Networks (PANW). I found the stock by sorting stocks in the NASDAQ 100 index by highest weighted Alpha and technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for appreciation price constant.
Palo Alto Networks, Inc. provides cybersecurity solutions worldwide. The company offers firewall appliances and software; Panorama, a security management solution for controlling appliances and firewall software deployed on an end customer’s network and instances in public or private cloud environments, as a virtual or physical appliance ; and virtual system upgrades, which are available as extensions to the virtual system capacity shipped with physical appliances.
PANW also provides subscription services covering the areas of threat prevention, malware and persistent threats, uniform resource locator filtering, laptop and mobile device protection and firewall; and DNS security, Internet of Things security, SaaS security API and online SaaS security, as well as threat intelligence and data loss prevention.
In addition, the company offers cloud security, secure access, security analytics and automation services, as well as threat intelligence and cybersecurity consulting services; professional services, including architecture design and planning, firewall implementation, configuration and migration; educational services, such as certifications, as well as online and classroom training; and support services.
Palo Alto Networks, Inc. sells its products and services through its channel partners, as well as directly to medium and large enterprises, service providers, and government entities operating in a variety of industries, including education, energy, financial services, government entities, healthcare, internet and media, industry, public sector and telecommunications. The company was incorporated in 2005 and is based in Santa Clara, California.
Barchart’s opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and therefore may change during the day depending on market fluctuations. The indicator numbers listed below may therefore not correspond to what you see live on the Barchart.com website when reading this report.
Histogram Technical Indicators:
- 100% Technical Buy Signals
- 52.40+ Alpha weighted
- Gain of 64.88% over the past year
- Trend Spotter Buy Signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- Relative Strength Index 54.07%
- Technical support level at 540.76
- Recently traded at $551.85 with a 50-day moving average of $523.32
- Market cap $54.65 billion
- Revenue is expected to grow by 28.20% this year and another 22.10% next year
- Revenues are expected to increase by 18.70% this year, another 24.10% next year and continue to grow at an annual rate of 24.43% over the next 5 years
Opinion of analysts and investors – I do not buy stocks because everyone buys them, but I realize that if big companies and investors abandon a stock, it is difficult to make money at countercurrent:
- Wall Street analysts have issued 24 strong buy, 10 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- Consensus price target at 618.83 with a high target of 700.00
- Individual investors following the action on Motley Fool voted 379 to 33 for the stock to beat the market, with more experienced investors voting 68 to 5 for the same result.
- 68,760 investors are watching the stock on Seeking Alpha
Summary of assessments
Ranked in the industry
7 out of 44
Classified in the sector
122 out of 576
1017 out of 4428